Photos Galore!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How to Sing Like the "Fat Lady"

Above is my goofy-faced visual demonstration of how to sing OPERA. I thought you who are unfamiliar with the art form might be interested to know.

Some very open-minded soul passed me through an audition for Opera Colorado's 25th season. This is a shot of me after singing in the chorus of "The Flying Dutchman" last April at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO. We photographed it, because I don't know when I'll be able to sing with them again--and also, because it was SOOOOO AWESOME!!!


...Here's Justin feigning interest, but being a very good sport by attending and not falling asleep once (so he says)!










I don't get why they have a ballerina statue at the opera house, either. :)

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I can't believe I know a person who sings opera!!! You have such a beautiful voice. So you are Becca and I's hero or heroine or whatever because Becca and I try to sing opera style during hymns and it doesn't quite sound as good as imagined in our heads. You go girl!

Melody said...

Whew! Thanks for the demo. I always wondered how one should look when one is singing opera.

You rock, chickee!

P.S. Pics of you in a posting headed "fat lady" is an interesting juxtaposition.