Photos Galore!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Late Mothers Day

Last Sunday I received a plain white plaster heart from Justin and Evelyn, and a note suggesting I spend some quality time with Evelyn painting it. Which is exactly what we set out to do with a lazy Saturday at home yesterday. As you can see, Evie liked painting a lot once we got into it. We got her and Mom's handprints on the heart, plus a few little artistic touches and then we really let her go crazy on our newspapers.

She probably spent two hours total painting. What a little artist! At one point, she lifted the jar where we were rinsing our brushes to take a little drink. I could hear her thoughts: "This looks just like the grape juice Mommy gave me this morning. I think I'll taste it." Luckily, Mom stopped her in time, but not before she ended up with purple lips. I laughingly related the tale to Justin, who just agreed, "Yes, that's funny... in a Poison Control kind of way." Snide remarks like these are what Justin refers to as his sense of humor.

Anyways, my daughter's cute and the heart turned out great! We took a picture of the finished product. Justin said, "Yup. That's exactly how I wanted it to look." Harhar.



3 comments:

Riggs said...

How fun!!!! I want a heart...lol! :) Just wait until you have that boy! They eat everything.. then we will see what J come's up with to say.. when AJ starts to eat.... dirt...spiders..paper.. but funny enough hard to get them to eat food! :)

Melody said...

2 hours??? Wow! What focus! You girlies are so cute. Happy belated Mother's Day, hunny!

Megan said...

Evie is quite a natural!

When Levi was born I would set Lexi at the table with playdough, watercolors and paper, you name it. All sorts of extra messy projects. She'd entertain herself for a hour or two while I took care of the baby. Then I'd get to spend some "quality time" cleaning up Lexi, which was a great way to stay connected when I was so busy with the baby.

Now we like to buy canvas stretched over a frame and let the kids paint. Levi has some, uh, interesting pieces of art. Lexi has made mountains and Haley has painted flowers, fish, and fireworks. We have some hanging in one of our hallways. It is fun to see their artistic abilities develop and change over time.