Photos Galore!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Billy Joel Concert

The great Billy Joel came to play in Denver yesterday, and lucky me and Justin won tickets to see him! I never win tickets to ANYTHING, so we are still recovering from shock at our good fortune. I would call it a blessing, but I don't know if the Lord blesses with rock concerts.

Anyways, Justin, of course, would not be caught DEAD dancing at a concert, so I understood it as my duty to do the rocking out for the both of us. It helped that I had an equally enthusiastic fan named Michelle sitting next to us, who danced with me for most of the songs. Didn't know her--she didn't know me, and neither of us cared! We hugged and shared Billy Joel stories and favorite musicians for most of the concert. She thinks he looks old and needs a good woman to keep him in shape. Is that what good women do these days? I hope you will keep me posted on this... :)

Just wanted to let everyone know the Piano Man is alive and well and puts on an amazing concert! "We Didn't Start the Fire" and "Piano Man" were the two best for me. And in my humble opinion he is the best songwriter EVER! They did close-ups of his hands and it was amazing to watch him play the piano, also--he just pushed that instrument around. And his voice is still the same as his cd's. He's truly as good as or better than he ever was...

After 3 encores, he finally finished up. And I blearily write this post in awe of a great talent.

Here's to Michelle and all the other fans out there! :)

3 comments:

Melody said...

Girl! What can I say? I love your passion! ;)

Celeste said...

Way to represent.. for all of us girls who have to rock it cause our husbands won't!!! I'm glad to hear the piano man is a live and well. My sis went to the same concert.

Hope you are doing well. I miss yea!!!

Becca said...

You were there too? I thought I saw you on the crowd cam... wow you've got some sweet moves. It was a great concert! Glad you liked it too! Jeb was man enough to go to the concert, along with a bunch of his inebriated clients!